I've always thought it would be fun to have a llama.
Well, if you can't have a real one, a cardboard one is the next best thing. It was tricky trying to figure out how to make it stand all by itself. (And, yes, that's a placemat on his back.)
We made this for our Bolivian booth at Diego's school's International Night. Families with ties to foreign countries were invited to share cultural items from those countries. I immediately thought of the llamas of Bolivia, but we only had a small stuffed one. A quick pinterest search turned up some creative costumes for llamas that I quickly modified into this. The head was just taped on to the body, and just after finishing it at home, Diego kicked a ball at it and knocked the head off. Yes, I was in shock that he would do that, but it was fixable.
This display of pictures was slapped together on my break from work. We also wanted something for people to DO at our booth. JP thought of play dough. So I whipped up several batches of homemade play dough the night before, and we had them try to make replicas of stone statues found in Tiwanaku. But mostly they just punched and squished it.
Check out the real live cholita. Isabela represented with her bowler hat. She did a great job telling people all about Bolivia!
Can you believe this little one has never been to Bolivia? She finally fits in Isabela's first cholita skirt. She had droopy eyes by the end of the night, but we really had a great time sharing all about JP's home country. We hope they do this night again!
(I'm still looking for a perfect place in our house for our new llama to live.)
2 comments:
Ha that llama is fantastic! :)
You guys did a great job on the booth! I love it! ... And you should consider making and selling wooden versions of that llama. I would buy one, it's adorable :)
Post a Comment