Saturday, May 7, 2016

American Ninja Warrior

Diego got invited to an American Ninja Warrior birthday party.  Since this is the main show we watch over summer, and since we all want to be ninja warriors, we couldn't miss it.  

It turns out there's a gym in Richmond that has most of the same obstacles as the show.


Including a warp wall!


The boys, and some of the dads, were determined to get to the top.  Joaquin almost made it a couple of times, but I guess it's a lot harder than it looks.  The wall on the left, even curves backwards a bit, just to make it a little harder. Not really necessary in my opinion.


Diego is a beast at monkey bars, but not going up backwards.


Joaquin couldn't really do it either.  I was secretly happy, because once you got up to the top and your arms were tired, then what?  All that protected you from the hard floor was one tiny mat.


JP finally gave it a try.  There was a little pressure because two of the dads had already made it, but whew! he did, too.  


I think he's doing the "YES!" signal, not flipping me off here.  Although it was hard to tell.


And this was pretty much the state of us girls the whole time.


Isabela strategically wore flip-flops, then complained the whole time that she couldn't try anything...and I wasn't about to hurt myself at a kid party.  I still have a ways to go before I become a ninja warrior.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...