Saturday, June 11, 2016

memorial weekend

Hello, Kiptopeke.  We're back!


The grand idea was to go camping for Memorial Weekend, but with the weather outlook, I didn't want to risk a stormy night in a tent.
JP convinced me it would still be great to go for the day.  And it was.


The kids were immediately attracted to the beautiful seaweed...


...and the soft sand.


The water was still a little chilly, but it's only knee-deep, so not enough to hit that spot on your back that makes you tippy-toe as you wade in.


Remembering when Isabela almost got her teeth knocked out by a wave, we're not cut out for ocean surf just yet.  The Bay has amazing scenery and calm water, perfect for all ages.


There were several families catching nets of crabs.  I didn't see a single one when I was in the water.


I put SPF 50 on us when we arrived.  We were there for 2.5 hours in the heat of the noon sun.  I don't think any of us even got a hint of a tan.  That stuff works!







Just asking for more days like this, Summer!




SaveSave

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...