Wednesday, May 4, 2016

3...7...13


We have celebrated three birthdays over the last couple of months.  Diego was first and is now seven years old!
He is all about Minecraft so we celebrated with a Minecraft party at home with just his family.


He didn't want to invite friends.  I think he is still traumatized from his Army birthday when a guest smashed his face in his cake.  But we still go all out with decorations and a theme.  Unfortunately, my computer ERASED all the photos I had taken of his party!  I was left with just a couple random shots from my iPhone.  *sad face*


Diego hit the jackpot at Chuck E. Cheese and brought home a gumball machine just like Isabela did many years ago.


Carmen was up next.  Three years old!
It was a toss up between Elmo and Micky Mouse for her.
I found the cute little toy figures at the grocery store when I picked up her cake and couldn't resist them.


Her highlight was a build-a-bear stuffed animal.  (She's hugging it before she stuffed it.)  It's a cat, which is funny because she hates our cat.  This one smells like cotton candy though.  

And just a few days ago, Isabela turned thirteen.  This is a RARE shot of her beautiful smile.  I had to take it on the fly with my undercover camera, which is why it's so grainy.


This colorful decoration took WAY longer to make than expected, so I may just have to keep it up all year long.


And where do you shop for a teenager who hasn't said one thing that she wants for her birthday?  Kroger!  We picked up gift cards for some fun stores.....from World Market to REI.  And being the quote-loving mom that I am, I tried to share my limited wisdom with her.

1.  A smile is the best makeup.
2.  Be yourself.  Everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
3.  If you never did you should.  These things are fun. And fun is good.  Dr. Seuss
4.  It takes courage to grow up and be who you really are. E.E. Cummings
5.  Don't be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try.
6.  We love you.  Always have. Always will.  Mom and Dad






3 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

WOW what a great smile Isabela has. I was missing your posts and if you don't get this comment it was because the comment section was not doing right.

We need to get together.

medina family said...

My one faithful reader is still here :) We'd LOVE to see you soon. Date at Kate's coming up??

Aunt Maggie said...

I shall let you know if anything is going on. Did you know Rick is flipping a house, he has been so busy with his regular customers and this flip. when are the kids out of school? and you too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...