Saturday, May 7, 2016

mini golf statues

We had big plans for spring break.  JP and I both took off of work and thought we'd have a real family vacation.  Only it never really got planned.  And it helps if you take the SAME days off.

So I decided to make the best of it and brave mini golf with four kids by myself. 

We had driven by this place many times but never stopped.  So I piled us in the car and didn't tell them where we were going.  Joaquin's question was, "Does it cost money?"  (He HATES when I take them to free things.  He figures it must be some park if it's free.  What's wrong with a park?)

I said, "Yes. And it's outside."  I knew they'd never guess.

Everyone was very excited when we finally pulled up. (FYI--they don't open until noon, so we had to make a little detour to Short Pump to pass the time.)

This mini-golf place is the coolest one I've ever seen!  Each hole has some random statue obstacle.  Humpty Dumpty?


The giraffe was the coolest.  So HUGE!


Isabela started out trying to keep score.  I warned her that was not a good idea.  Tears are always shed at putt-putt with my kids; the boys mostly.   Especially when it takes more than three swings to get it in the hole.  She gave up keeping score at the second hole.

Watch out, Carmen!  There's an eagle about to snatch you up!


Carmen was a ball thief and a club thief.  Diego was adamant about do-overs, despite the fact that there were people behind us.  I gave up even putting after about the fifth hole so I could just keep the peace.

I love how Carmen posed with my club in front of the unicorn.


Some of the statues were a little scary.  I think Carmen still remembers this blue bear when we talk about this trip.



There was a sign that said, "Don't climb on statues."  But how can you resist?


Don't mind that bunny, Diego.


There was a nice breeze that day.  I can imagine it would be boiling in the hot summer sun, but despite all the bickering that goes along with mini-golf, it was a beautiful day!


I didn't get a shot of the last hole, but if you make it in the right spot, you win a free game.  And wouldn't you know, Joaquin made it!  The nice man at the counter gave him his free pass, then gave one to Carmen since it was her birthday, and then gave one to Diego so he wouldn't be sad....so we are destined to come back.  With Daddy this time.  We wouldn't want him to miss all the fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...