Monday, December 3, 2012

thrift store find!

I've been showing people pictures of my new chair like they're pictures of my children.

I stumbled across it on my way out of a Goodwill I had no intention of going into to.  I guess it reminded me of two chairs my mom had when I was growing up...boxy, modern, low back, neutral.

IMG_6482

Luckily, the trunk of my car was cleaned out, and there was a nice man that lifted it into the back for me.  He said it wasn't heavy, just awkward, but when JP got home and helped me get it into the house, it sure enough took all our muscles to move it.

IMG_6481

So....guess how much it cost?  I asked the family the same question.  JP got it right away.  The kids took only three guesses.  I was surprised because I loved it so much I would have paid double.

IMG_6480


Anyway, it was $30!

It is the new favorite chair of everyone...especially kids with food in their hands.  I shoo them away, but it doesn't help that it sits right near our kitchen table.



IMG_6478

There's one key to any great Goodwill find.  Fate.  The right place at the right time.  This chair was meant to be.

So do you love it as much as I do?

6 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

it looks fantastic in front of the fire place and your fireplace and mantle look great too.

medina family said...

Thanks, Maggie! Actually the mantle changes everyday because I can't figure out how I like it. Did you see the window up there? I'm thinking of painting it and hanging some different things in the little windows panes. Hope to see you over Christmas!

Nancy said...

Looks like your mom's chair, probably IS your mom's chair. God works in mysterious ways! It was good seeing you and Juan Pablo and 2 out of 3 kids during the wedding weekend festivities!!!!

Stacey said...

LUV IT!

Darlene said...

What a great find! Which Goodwill was it? I can't believe it was $30!

medina family said...

It was the Alverser Goodwill, Darlene. You never know which one will have some good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...