Wednesday, December 19, 2012

three is funny

Over the summer, the kids became engrossed in a cartoon series called Avatar: The Last Airbender.  I watched alongside them as I laid in bed dead with morning sickness and grew to like the show, as well.    The characters have special powers...water bending, air bending, fire bending and earth bending.  The Avatar can do all four...and of course, Diego is the Avatar.

So the other day, after searching high and low for some silk scarves I'd bought the kids a year ago, I finally found them in the exact place I'd put them...the dress up suitcase.  Diego decided to put all the powers on...and we even added a few new ones...animal bending and rainbow bending.

This picture is why I love three year olds!!

cape man

And this picture is why I love Pinterest. We made this the other day in a matter of minutes.  I like how Diego placed the stained glass squares flowing all around the manger, too.  You can find the how-to here, if you'd like to do one yourself.

stained glass

This reminds me of a funny story from the other week.  We have an amazing piano player/singer in our church that happens to be a guy with long brown hair, past his shoulders.  We passed him in the hallway and Diego asks in an excited voice, "Mom! Was that Jesus?"

Then tonight we read The Animals' Christmas Eve, a golden book story, and he pointed to each wiseman, shepherd, and Joseph asking, "Is that Jesus?"  We finally got to the baby and I said, "That's Jesus.  Christmas is his birthday.  He was a baby, and then he grew up."  I could see the wheels turning in his head, but I think I've got some work to do before next Tuesday.   Maybe a birthday cake is in order.  Santa seems to be overshadowing the little baby.


1 comment:

Tracy said...

Awh, adorable stories! My boys were into Avatar too and were always using "bending" powers around the house ;)

Hope your precious family has a Merry Christmas. Abrazos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...