Friday, December 28, 2012

snapshots from Christmas


The good thing about Christmas being on a Tuesday is it seems to spread the holiday out over several days, maybe even a week!

Our family doesn't live too far away, but DC traffic on 95 really puts a damper on visits.  Unless it's 2am when you're on the road, there will be others out there with you.

As soon as we get there, the kids like to crash in front of the TV, mesmerized.

IMG_6649

Some are more squirmy than others.

IMG_6655

I was really trying to capture the movie they were watching...the Wizard of Oz.

IMG_6646

Us adults were amazed that anyone ever liked that movie, especially kids, with those scary monkeys, witches, and ridiculous acting.  We couldn't even watch the whole thing.

IMG_6635

I love twenty-something cousins that wild up my boys.  They have a fear/love relationship with them.

IMG_6626

Yay!  Joaquin snapped one of me! and the belly.

IMG_6609

We opened pjs a few days before Christmas Eve since we were spending the night.  Isabela is all about the peace sign these days.

IMG_6603

And Diego got two sets of angry birds pjs.  He said, "The box says I have to wear both of them," so he put the red ones on top of the black ones...until he got too hot.

IMG_6608

Aunt Leah Ann always thinks up fun things for them to do...she had saved all the bubble wrap from shipping boxes and let them jump around on it pop, pop, popping it!

IMG_6600

Add in a huge lego box for the boys and that will occupy them for awhile.

IMG_6658

And now I finally get the baking cookie tradition of Christmas.  If you do it from scratch, it really takes all morning.  Isabela loves to be in the kitchen and encouraged everyone to help out.

IMG_6661

Leah Ann had the world's smallest cookie cutters.  I bet they're from when we used to eat the right sized cookies.

IMG_6665

It's hard to ice with only one hand.

IMG_6699

But they were delicious!!  Every time I passed the kitchen I had to pop one or two in my mouth.

IMG_6700

Not sure why she was so amazed at that candle...except that candles are wonderful.

IMG_6696

Look who found something to play with.

IMG_6669

A dangling paddle ball is perfect for a cat.

IMG_6668

My boys are meant for outside.  Forty mile per hour gusts of bitter wind had kept them in the night before, but the next day was beautiful.

Which one should I choose?  They're both so awesome!

IMG_6694

Diego and his sticks...this is the mother of all sticks.

IMG_6683


I still think Joaquin would be great at ice hockey.  And check out that red hoodie...a very thoughtful gift from their TaeKwonDo teacher.


IMG_6682

Watch out! Score!!!!

IMG_6693

Cat on a hot tin roof.  That's Puff.  You can see how she got her name.

IMG_6706

It really is a lot of work for others when we come to visit.  Diego got ahold of some styrofoam packaging and ripped it to bits in a room when no one was looking.  Oops!

But those are the Christmas stories you remember for years to come.

3 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

Those are some great snapshots. Sorry I guess everyone missed you, even amy and mike which were last to leave after us........Happy New Year.

medina family said...

Yes, we missed everyone, Maggie. Maybe next year everyone could come to our house!

Stacey said...

Luv the belly picture! You look so great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...