A room that Joaquin and Diego share together. Diego's bed is a trundle and pulls out from Joaquin's bed. Every morning, Joaquin jumps out of bed, makes Diego's bed, pushes it in, then makes his own bed. It's quite amazing.
The wall shelves we made from this post and eventually moved into the boys' room to hold books. There's a longer, lower one on the opposite wall for Diego's books.
The animals are arranged in this mock battle every morning, as well. And as much as I love how he always keeps his room clean, I have to remind him that it's Diego's room, too. He does NOT like it when Diego rearranges things.
And speaking of animals, Joaquin and I whipped up this hippo one day with material I had picked up at IKEA a long time ago. Originally, he didn't like it, so I put it away somewhere. I found it stuffed in our storage a few weeks ago, pulled it out, and sewed up the last hole. The kids now fight over it.
It really is easy to whip up your own pattern, cut it out and sew it. And we learn lessons by trial and error each time we do it.
I just put up those ABC pictures for Diego the other day. I got them at a consignment sale about a year ago and finally took them out of the box. Obviously, I have no decorating theme here...I guess you could just call it eclectic, or random...but it makes it easy to change, right?
This is Isabela's room after we rearranged it. My big goal here was to move the bed so the light hung over it and she could read at night. Her desk used to be in that corner, but she never sits at her desk.
Now it's over here and we love it. And what a difference closed closet doors make. Her room does NOT usually look like this.
Currently, the kids have some clean room bet going...something they thought up themselves, probably Joaquin's idea. I only ask that they pick up their clothes and make their bed each morning. Now I just have to remember to do it myself!
2 comments:
Joaquin is a kid after my own heart! I don't exactly jump out of bed but I do make my bed very first thing every morning. It just feels right! hah that sounds silly but it's true.
I agree Robyn. There's two things I always say around the house..."there's nothing like a clean kitchen" and "there's nothing like a made bed." Of course, the bed part is hard to do if someone is still sleeping in it, and once I get my day started, it keeps getting put off more and more. I'm usually making my bed in the afternoon! The kitchen, of course, is an ongoing battle.
Post a Comment