Monday, June 4, 2012

children's museum

It's been awhile since we've been to the children's museum.  The older kids had outgrown it a few years ago (although, I'm not sure how that's possible because I love everything there) and Diego had never been.

So it was time for a day trip.... just him and me!

Ohhh....chickens!  How fun is this egg run?

IMG_2919

We have eggs just like this at home...maybe I can make one!

IMG_2914

Fishing in the boat...this was fun until he started swinging that pole around like a sword.  Time to move on.

IMG_2923

The outside area is my favorite part....musical instruments everywhere.  Sand, water, and....

IMG_2932


....snails.  I'm loving snails right now.
snail

Back inside, we hit the always busy apple tree!  Despite there being some school field trips there that day (there are always schools there!), Diego had his side all to himself.

IMG_2980

Which one should I pick first?!

IMG_2979

Such a cool car to work on.  Too bad I couldn't hire this guy to do the work on my real car today that's in the shop!

IMG_3006
IMG_3020

Cashiering has to be the one aspiration of all children.  He knew just how to scan the food and which buttons to press.

IMG_3017

Stop the ambulance!  Can't! My legs are too short!

IMG_3033

And look at this huge contraption!  I don't remember this before.  But definitely one of our favorites.

big machine

First you stuff the scarves into the hole.


IMG_3081

You'll feel a nice cool breeze... then woosh!  They whip around in the tubes and come flying out from above somewhere.

IMG_3093

Try to catch them before they hit the ground!

catching scarves

So much fun...I wanted to knock all the kids down to catch one, but I restrained myself.

leaping for scarves

Quick ride on a dino on the way out.

dinos

Three is a perfect age for the children's museum! Everything's new and exciting.  I love three!










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...