My phone was going off in the other room. As I ran to get it, I prayed that it wouldn't wake the kids yet, and worried about who could be calling me so early. I got there one ring too late, as usual.
I checked the number...I'd seen it before. It was the school calling. I could NOT figure out why the school would be calling so early, and my best guess was someone got ahold of the special code and sent a prank call out to all parents. (I guess I really hadn't woken up yet.)
It took me about an hour before I finally glanced outside and was surprised to see a thick snow gracefully covering the outside world with white.
My mind finally registered, 'It must be a snow day!'
The phone message said delay, which turned into a day off after all the snow had melted. And really, there wasn't that much accumulation as evidenced by.....
... the world's smallest snowman! (Oh yeah, with this little snow, there really isn't time to change out of pjs.)
He's just so darn cute.
He was easily picked up and moved to the front porch for some added details, like grape eyes...
...a baby carrot nose...
...stick arms and a hat, of course!
My boy is proud of this snowman...but a few hours later, all that was left was the big ball on the bottom. It's now been chipped at, kicked, licked and eaten.
And that's why we take pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment