Proud big sister.
So this was his first time ever sitting in the service with us...he usually goes to the kid's class. It was really hard to sit still in the bouncy chairs.
Playing with his brother was much more fun. Add in two sprints around the auditorium with his dad right behind him, and I bet it was a great show.
This is Pastor Pete. Pastors must know about baptizing three year olds. They both came over and practiced picking him up and walked him through it before the service started. (But I think Diego must have forgotten all that fourteen minutes later.)
I am so thankful I passed the camera off to a friend. I told her just to shoot, it's okay if they don't come out. But she did an amazing job, given the lighting and blurry shots my camera likes to take.
Getting ready...
...not so sure about this anymore. He clung to me like a monkey, or maybe an octopus.
"Nooooo!"
Oh. It's really not that bad.
Add the lit candle, and it's great! Look at our grips on that thing. But it's amazing how a candle makes everything more special. I need to light more candles. "You are the light of the world."
We invited friends over for lunch after the service. I said small. I said informal. But when I realized people were actually going to come, I wanted to make it special.
This little wreath didn't take long to make. I ripped up white cloth, hot glued a stick cross, added some coffee filter flowers and then this cute little white dove I found at Michael's. Ripping cloth was the new lesson we learned for this party. You simply cut a small slit on one side then PULL! And it rips straight and even. Very fun!
I tried to do spring colors with lots of white. The bird cage was a great find from Michael's half off! I've always wanted one of those bird cages.
Love the dove. And the egg cups I found a couple of weeks ago at the antique store...I've always wanted egg cups, too, I don't know why.

Here's a closer look at those coffee filter flowers. Isabela made most of them. They are super easy with this tutorial, and you could even spray them with colored water to change their color.

And buntings are all the rage right now...and I can't get enough of them. I just eyeballed some triangles I cut from green cloth, then quickly sewed them onto....ripped sheet. I ended up hot glueing them to the window...on purpose...there just wasn't a place to tie them to.

Diego had one little friend at his party that was just his age. They were definitely SO CUTE together. Well, first he bopped her in the head with a balloon, but then I guess he decided she would be fun to play with.

There were a lot of kids at the party, so we thought up a few activities. One was an Easter egg hunt...inside the eggs were ABC bible verses. Once they found an egg, they had to look up the verse in the Bible and read it to an adult. This was great practice in finding Bible verses.
We waited three years to get him baptized, mostly because we just kept forgetting. But God's timing is great...coinciding with Easter and his birthday....celebrating with wonderful friends, it will be a wonderful memory for Diego!
4 comments:
thank you for inviting us to share in Diego's baptism. I was beautiful even when he said "noooooo". Smart kiddo! And I think him "bopping" Alli on the head sealed the deal in their relationship- lol- she felt right at home!
OMG, what a great post and the kids are so cuteeeeeeeeeeeee.
especially diego with his little friend, great job susan. I was just imagining how much fun your mom would have with you and your little ones and crafting and church and all that. sorry i am not closer.
Stacey, you are so funny!! Your Alli is the cutest thing ever. It didn't phase her when Diego bopped her...I guess that's what you get with two big brothers.
Aunt Maggie...yes, I think my mom would have loved spending time with them. We wish you were closer, too!!
Post a Comment