Friday, March 4, 2011

green spring

It's such a relief to know that spring is right around the corner. I know there's always a chance of snow in March, and there's still some cold winds coming to chill us to our bones....but the signs are there, so it can't be too far off. I always imagine those poor Pilgrims and their first winter here and wonder if they thought it would ever end. It does.

And so...pictures from a wonderful park in Alexandria, VA called Green Spring Gardens. It's similar to Lewis Ginter, but on a smaller scale...and best of all...it's FREE!


Out back is their children's garden, with cute tables...


...winding brick pathways for little feet to follow...


...colorful pastel mailboxes to open...


..and all different types of little gardens. I liked the sign in this one.


There's also remnants of last summer.


And cool benches made out of branches that you imagine having in your own backyard.


This precious bird spied us before we even noticed it.


And I always love this serious expression on Joaquin's face. (I had to crop Isabela out because of hers!)


And this, it turns out, is Witch Hazel. I never knew what it looked like and love that I can learn right along with the kids.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

What beautiful photos! I love the one of your cat! Although I love all of the seasons, I'm anxious for spring, too :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...