Friday, December 4, 2009

the promise


We are using this book for our advent lessons this Christmas. This week we learned about God's promises to us and what a promise is. We were to make a promise to the kids to do something fun later in the week...something they could anticipate eagerly. That is amazingly hard. Nothing like making a promise then having to keep it. Ours was to make the traditional gingerbread house. If I hadn't made a promise, there would be no complications...but with a different kid sick each day. added to our daily trials and tribulations...this was somehow going to teach me a lesson. (Mainly, to keep my mouth shut, and not make any promises.)
We were finally able to get the kit (you didn't think I was making this from scratch did you?) and Dad helped them with this. I only heard one naughty word while trying to get the house to stick together. But I wasn't there for the decorating part.
When I saw it later, it was astonishingly perfect. I found out from the kids, they weren't allowed to do the icing. Why? Did something happen? I can only imagine. But they were all very proud of it when I got home, especially Juan Pablo.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It is lovely and even looks edible. Thanks Juan Pablo for doing the icing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...