Sunday, December 13, 2009

the nutcracker

Today, Isabela and I braved the excessive rain to go see the Nutcracker. We'd been talking about it all week. We couldn't wait...not only to see the ballet, but to have some one on one time together doing something special. We rarely get that.


It was in the beautiful Carpenter Center...we were full of excitement as we walked (well, ran in the pouring rain) up to the theater... seeing the marquis lights, the heavy ornate doors, that crazy colored carpet, the many, many stairs to our seats high in the balcony, the red velvet cushions on the seats, the stars twinkling in the ceiling, the orchestra tuning up, and then hearing those familiar notes by Tchaikovsky.


It was everything we hoped for...I had even bought her a small nutcracker from Kohl's so she could remember the first time she saw the ballet. She was so thankful for the wonderful day, too, which was a nice surprise for me. She also said the sweetest thing..."I wish I was watching you dance, Mommy."

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That's lovely, you and your daughter having a special day away from the men folk. It's nice not to be outnumbered all the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...