I can't figure out why I have this problem....about finishing the last of something. I'll often leave a sip of drink in my glass...just in case...then Juan Pablo will come along and drink it...and I'll say, "Why did you drink that? I was saving that." He'll say, "You were just going to leave it there." And if he doesn't drink it, I'll often find it sitting there hours later with the same little bit in it.
We'll regularly have this discussion of taking the last one of something, like say a cookie or a roll. I think there should be an announcement to all concerned that "this is the last one!" and I'm eating it or something to that effect. There's nothing worse than having a craving for a homemade chocolate chip cookie and going into the kitchen to see the empty plate with a couple of crumbs on it.
But it's not just with food. Here's what happened today. I was out yardsaleing, and a woman was in front of me at a table just zipping through a box of books and loading each one into her bag. She took every last one, probably about 100 or so storybooks for children...well, she left four. And I was mad at her for taking all of them. I didn't even know the lady, and she was rightly there before me, and she even got them all for $5.00 dollars, a great deal. And I was still mad at her. Not for the great deal she got, but for taking all of them.
I don't think I would have taken all those books. I didn't even take the four that were left.
Juan Pablo laughed when I told him the story. He reminded me of the cholitas who sit on the sidewalk in Bolivia and sell lemons. Once, his mom offered to buy all of the lady's lemons and she said no. She wouldn't have anything to sell during the rest of the day.
I even thought about doing a craft fair once and selling those covered journals I made one year. But I asked Juan Pablo, "What if I sold them all? What would I do?" And he said, "Isn't that the point?"
***************
And let me just add that I did have a wonderful day yardsaleing. First, since JP was working late, I got to go without the kids which almost never happens. This is what I came home with:
a new comforter and sheet set for Isabela's bed $5
a sheet set for Joaquin's bed $5
a bag FULL of 9 month clothes $5
4 jeans, a skirt, a sweater and a shirt for Isabela $7
an ironing board $5 (we've been using the floor with a towel on it)
a princess fishing pole $1
sparklers .25 cents
a few books $2
a picture frame $1
4 kids music CDs $2
two baby toys $3
grand total= 36.25
No comments:
Post a Comment