Wednesday, September 2, 2009

a big daddy...

So we were driving down that road behind Walmart, next to the dump, (yes, I went to the old one!) and out of the corner of my eye I see something moving above me. On my sun visor was a huge daddy long legs. I can't describe the panic and fear that swept through my body at such a harmless creature being that close to my head! I pulled over to the side of the road, and couldn't get out fast enough, trapped by my seatbelt and a locked door. When I finally got it open, I asked one of the kids to come up and take him out...guess who it was? Joaquin! The one who screams at bugs! I was so proud of him to be so brave.

Then when we got home, a HUGE horsefly was guarding the front door and not letting us get by. So we went in the side door. But I had to make a second trip to the car, and Joaquin wanted to come with me.
Joaquin: "I'll protect you mom."
So we head outside and sure enough something starts buzzing around my hair and we shoot off screaming to the car, Joaquin louder than me.
Me: "How are you going to protect me if you're screaming like a girl?"
Joaquin: "I scared it away."

1 comment:

Darlene said...

HA!!! Oh my...I can totally picture the scene! How funny :0)
I love daddy long legs! Now if it's a hairy spider then I have a problem!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...