Sunday, September 20, 2009

Godspeed

Saturday we went to Henricus Historical Park to see the Godspeed replica and learn about colonial times. Okay, so the highlights for the kids were the huge coal mountains at Dominion Power where we parked....


and the bus ride over, being we don't get to ride the school bus.


I was shocked at how fierce the Native Americans really looked. I didn't even get a good picture of them!


We saw a turkey....


...and washed some clothes.


Diego just enjoyed the day.


We played some old time games....



and made a cool Native American rattle.


Here's the Godspeed...I love that name for the boat.


Pulling up the anchor!




Scraping a hide with a shell...


A thanksgiving feast...


Digging out a canoe...


Paddle to the sea...


Planting out young cabbages....


We were there three hours! But if you learn one thing in Virginia, it has to be about colonial times, right? I sure am glad I wasn't one...I wouldn't have lasted a week.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

What a great place to visit!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...