Isabela was a princess and Joaquin a cowboy. We had those costumes from our dress up box from before we moved...the only things I actually made were the horse and his 10 gallon hat! That was my favorite! We did drive through San Miguel to see what was going on. That's the shopping area near us. There must have been thousands of people walking around, families and groups of children. So they definitely do Halloween here...but everyone was dressed up as scary things...witches, devils, monsters. They definitely haven't caught on to the "fall festival" idea yet. And here, they prefer to BUY costumes! I did see very few pumpkins, and one tiger. So all the businesses in that area give out candy and there were scary tunnels and things to go in. They don't go house to house. We didn't stop because it was OVERFLOWING and the kids got plenty of candy at the party! The party did turn into scary face painting of most adults...hence Juan Pablo's face...and I put some candy tattoos on mine.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Costumes
Isabela was a princess and Joaquin a cowboy. We had those costumes from our dress up box from before we moved...the only things I actually made were the horse and his 10 gallon hat! That was my favorite! We did drive through San Miguel to see what was going on. That's the shopping area near us. There must have been thousands of people walking around, families and groups of children. So they definitely do Halloween here...but everyone was dressed up as scary things...witches, devils, monsters. They definitely haven't caught on to the "fall festival" idea yet. And here, they prefer to BUY costumes! I did see very few pumpkins, and one tiger. So all the businesses in that area give out candy and there were scary tunnels and things to go in. They don't go house to house. We didn't stop because it was OVERFLOWING and the kids got plenty of candy at the party! The party did turn into scary face painting of most adults...hence Juan Pablo's face...and I put some candy tattoos on mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
joaquin is so! funny! with his horse head. good job on that,but the way. it's one party after another down there. maybe makes up for the toys that fall apart ;)
Post a Comment