Thursday, October 18, 2007

car wash

Who remembers waxing a car by hand? Wax on, wax off. I think we did that when I was little. But they still do it here in Bolivia all the time. When you park on the street, usually there is someone there that asks if you would like them to take care of the car. That means that they'll watch it and make sure no one steals anything from it. Sometimes it's children and usually it's an older woman. I don't know what they would really do, should someone steal something. It seems like there are car washers on every street too. We've been having the car washed a lot because it's for sale. One day, we came back to the car and Isabela asked, "Did the guy wash it or watch it?" Usually you give like one boliviano for watching it, and I think a car wash/wax is like 15. Sure beats CarPool.

1 comment:

David E. Reids said...

I waxed my car a couple of weeks ago. and it looked pretty good-as good as a 1990 Honda can look.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...