Playland is the name of their school....funny because they don't speak English! The kids are really enjoying school now..I've been meaning to post some pictures of it for awhile. These show the entrance, the playground (which I really like because it is grassy) and they have bunnies and chickens that the kids feed. Right now there seems to be a birthday party every week, and sometimes there are clowns. Friday, Isabela came home with her face all painted and was so excited. She said, "Mom I love my school!" So that made me really happy. They each have two teachers and the classes are pretty small. There is this beautiful model city of La Paz that "supposedly" the kids made. I need to take a picture of it...they used cigarette boxes and glued magazine pictures of flowers and food on it to make little booths just like on the streets here. If you see it, you would know why I say supposedly, it is much better than anything I could have made. But they do all kinds of neat crafts and are learning abc's and 123's...in spanish of course!
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Playland
Playland is the name of their school....funny because they don't speak English! The kids are really enjoying school now..I've been meaning to post some pictures of it for awhile. These show the entrance, the playground (which I really like because it is grassy) and they have bunnies and chickens that the kids feed. Right now there seems to be a birthday party every week, and sometimes there are clowns. Friday, Isabela came home with her face all painted and was so excited. She said, "Mom I love my school!" So that made me really happy. They each have two teachers and the classes are pretty small. There is this beautiful model city of La Paz that "supposedly" the kids made. I need to take a picture of it...they used cigarette boxes and glued magazine pictures of flowers and food on it to make little booths just like on the streets here. If you see it, you would know why I say supposedly, it is much better than anything I could have made. But they do all kinds of neat crafts and are learning abc's and 123's...in spanish of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how fun! feeding chickens and rabbits at school. and face painting! is that juan p. in the last picture, helping out?
Post a Comment