August 6 was independance day here...and the celebration wasn't as big as I expected. They usually have these huge parades that block all of downtown...but apparently they moved that parade to another city called Santa Cruz. These pictures are from the school just down the street from me. I sat on my front steps and took pictures from there. There were hundreds of kids, even little kindergarteners marching. Yes, those little kids were standing on that truck and it was moving slowly!! It hit a small bump and I thought they'd had it! I think Isabela and Joaquin did a little march around their school yard...and I know they were teaching them a little about Bolivian history....like we talk about George Washington and stuff. It's weird to see them learning the map of Bolivia instead of the US. But Isabela's leappad has a book about the states and their capitals, so not to worry!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Independance Day
August 6 was independance day here...and the celebration wasn't as big as I expected. They usually have these huge parades that block all of downtown...but apparently they moved that parade to another city called Santa Cruz. These pictures are from the school just down the street from me. I sat on my front steps and took pictures from there. There were hundreds of kids, even little kindergarteners marching. Yes, those little kids were standing on that truck and it was moving slowly!! It hit a small bump and I thought they'd had it! I think Isabela and Joaquin did a little march around their school yard...and I know they were teaching them a little about Bolivian history....like we talk about George Washington and stuff. It's weird to see them learning the map of Bolivia instead of the US. But Isabela's leappad has a book about the states and their capitals, so not to worry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
fun fun fun
I want to sit on my front steps and see a parade. Hey, we saw the Bourne Ultimatum the other and there was this scene where Matt Damon was running over rooftops in some Algerian town and he had to wrap his hands b/c he had to leap this wall with glass embedded on the top. When we saw it Matt and I both looked and each and I said "We know about that now!" Otherwise I would have been like " What the heck is there glass doing on that stupid wall" Ha Ha. See how you are spreading your wealth of knowledge across the world :)
Talk to you soon
Lots of Love
Shannon
Post a Comment