Wednesday, June 22, 2016

richmond rides

Nothing beats doing something together as a family for Father's Day!  I'd heard about Richmond Rides and loved the idea of riding downtown with a guide, with someone else's bike, and with a stop for gelato! 

Diego and Joaquin brought their own bikes, which I definitely recommend.  Your own bike is more comfortable and something you're used to riding.  I don't own a bike, so I was happy to be riding at all.  Well, I'm lucky I still remember HOW to ride a bike.  There was a little incident with me running into a building, but I don't think anyone is interested in that.


Carmen rode along in this trailer with her giant bear.  She looks petrified here, but it's more shy than anything.  Neither JP or I took our cameras, so our friendly guide, Joseph, took all of these shots with his phone.  Thanks, Joseph!

Isabela did an amazing job pulling her most of the way...even down narrow ramps and through the flood wall!  She switched with Dad just at the end, and he admitted it was tough to tow her along.


We got to see some beautiful sights of Richmond, rode along the river and by the new LowLines garden (built under the railroad tracks), Rocketts Landing, and even met up with the paved trail that leads to Williamsburg just for bikers!


This is a monument to Henry "Box" Brown, a slave that escaped to freedom by mailing himself in a box.  This was Isabela's favorite part, and we had just read more about this story a couple of days earlier!
Diego said his favorite part was the stop for ice cream and the free Pac-Man video game we played while waiting for the gelato.  *sigh*
I don't care...it was an amazing day and worth every penny!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...