Monday, December 28, 2015

christmas photo bombs

Merry Christmas!  Photos of family and presents to follow, of course.
Cousin Kate hosted this year.  Love, love her house, which she said comes straight from Target.  It's kind of like living in a Target, which is something I've always wanted to do.

With mouthfuls of cookies, we opened beautifully wrapped presents of white and gold.


And beware of all the photo bombs.  Always fun at Christmas time, right?


I didn't open a popper this year, so I didn't wear the silly crown.  But I love how everyone soon forgets that they're wearing one.


Carmen loved her headlamp.  Now for some spelunking.


Carmen started warming up to everyone after awhile.  Even let them take pictures with her.  


Fish popper, caught by the tail.


Aunt Maggie was really into selfies.


And yes, she finally got that selfie stick in her stocking.


We're not quite so silly, but I love this picture....so rare to get one together.


Carmen was finally coaxed into her tutu.  And Aunt Robyn taught her how to pirouette.


Maybe I can sign her up for that dance class at school after all?


The most beautiful gift of Christmas this year....Kate already had the wreath, but added these teeny, tiny fairy lights Aunt Maggie gave her.



We all need fairy lights in our lives.  


Kate asked if I'd take a picture of her precious family....photo bomb! 


Their dog was so good!  It almost makes me want one.  Almost.


It's hard to make a tween smile, but I keep working on it.



Cousins in front of the tree, just like when we were kids.  Where's Elizabeth?


Diego somehow snuck in front of a screen.  I have to be vigilant with this one.  He could probably sit there all day if no one said anything.  Once his little sister even snipped off some of his hair while he was playing a game, and he never even knew.


Thank God for losing.


Is it just me, or do we look like deer in headlights?


Sometimes when he looks at me, I think he's going to pounce.  (Kate's Tip: organize books by color on your shelves.  So pretty!)


JP took a little nap while all the girls went upstairs to try on clothes and chat.  An HOUR later, Dan knocked on the door, "WHAT are you all DOING in here?"  
Answer: Having SO much FUN!


And to all a good night.  Thank you, Kate, for the memorable evening!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...