Tuesday, December 2, 2014

thankful faces

It was a great Thanksgiving.  And I'm most thankful for checking my expectations so I could enjoy it even more.

Smiles when we left for DC, and smiles when we left for home.

Joaquin's feeding Aunt Leah Ann's dog, Ivy, some popcorn.  Dogs are great entertainment, but I'm not falling for one yet.


Carmen latched on to this mini piano--it didn't even have batteries in it--and the thing ended up at our house somehow.


Cutie cousin Jon.


Uncle David...he looks a little like a scarecrow on a pole in this picture.


Aunt Leah Ann cooking away.  She whipped up a great lunch for us on NO notice...sorry about that!!


Cutie cousin Evan.


There's that Ivy again.  She just won't stay away!  Carmen wanted nothing to do with her and clung to me for dear life.


Onward to DC.  We thought about going to the zoo, but we arrived pretty late and changed our minds.  See?  Who cares?  We're working with low expectations here.


Aunt Beth has some pretty cool art in her house.  



Isabela taught Carmen why it's good to help out in the kitchen.


I, of course, am useless at Thanksgiving.  Little Carmen was on my hip most of the night.


Cutie Joaquin.


And the whole family...this was taken just before we left DC at 10pm.  We love Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Peace and Blessings said...

Happy and thankful miss the Reid's 4 fam. And such a blessing to visit w ur uncle in dc

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...