Monday, December 29, 2014

a family Christmas

Family Christmas party!!  

The decorations were hung by the 'used-to-be' chimney with care.  They're supposed to look like a string of Christmas lights, but after a while of staring at them, they just look like cups with balloons stuck in them.



The cookies were burnt.  I think we ate all the good ones before they arrived.


My cousin Kate and her mom!  Such pretty smiles!


Aunt Maggie couldn't give this coat away.  She ordered it all the way from China.  Size XL, but we could barely get our arms in it.   I think Kate's face says it about right.


These two are probably discussing the wonderful drive down 95 to our house.


OK. So maybe the decorations were hung a little low.


We had just sold a table the day before that had been stagnant on craigslist for months ....just in time to  receive my grandmother's beautiful dining room table.  


Everyone hung out around the food for awhile.  I made a vegetable lasagna, thinking we were all filling up on cookies and sweets, and a chicken pot pie that missed out on the salt.


Carmen liked the lasagna...


...and I'm happy to see Joaquin ate some veggies, too.


Diego entertained a bit with his imaginative stories, but soon it was time to open presents.


We played a short round of steal this gift...I think we all left pretty happy.  I chose and kept my own gift...not sure that's allowed.


This year's handmade gifts were patchwork pillows.  I guess I should have taken a picture after they opened them.  Pillows seem to be my go-to handmade gift.  Last year, I made pillow cases.  What's up with that?  I remember when my grandma Sarah used to give me slippers every year for Christmas.  I thought she might be going a little senile, not remembering that she gave me those the year before.  Guess it's my turn now.


And this means the party's almost over....


I know it wasn't like grandma's house, but it was so fun to laugh and catch up....I loved Dan's story of his dog beating him up (hey, there's no picture of Dan!).   We even got to sit around grandma and grandpa's old table.
Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great pics, wish I'd been there!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!!!

medina family said...

It's been so long, Nancy! Hope you had a Merry Christmas....your New Year's card is in the mail!

Peace and Blessings said...

Hey make sure u use trivets placemats n the thing mat for a cup what s it called? on gma n gpa z table! Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...