Monday, March 3, 2014

totes adorb

I've been meaning to write about this for awhile now.  It cracks me up every time I say it.

The other day, Isabela, Carmen and I were sorting through Carmen's little clothes in my closet. Every now and then, they can get quite unruly, being that I usually just toss them on top of her wire shelf unit instead of organizing them.

It was kinda fun... just us girls in the closet.  It's so much easier to have a conversation.  At least you know no one will mention farts.  Oh wait, I just did.

Anyway, Isabela was watching Carmen toss through the socks and blurted out, "She's totes adorb."  

And you know I was like, "What?"


"Totes adorb, Mom."  And her hand even did a little flip in the air when she said it.


"Don't tell me that means totally adorable! Are people really saying that?!" = my uncool mom response.


Oh, they're saying it.


And once you say it once, you'll being saying it, too.  It's quite addictive.  My immediate response was, "Well, that's totes weird."


And we went on a 'totes' rampage for every little phrase we said, and you could hear us laughing all the way down the hall.


Isabela asked me what slang we used to say when I was a kid.  The first thing that came to mind was 'rad'.  "That's rad, man."  

Ewww.  Did we really say that?  Gag me with a spoon!

Okay.  That one's way worse.


You know I ended up googling it later...and apparently a whole lot of people were saying way worse stuff than me. (Although anyone remember adding the letter A to a really bad word?  Why did that make it cool?)


I do remember distinctly trying to pick up some California slang from a friend I met at a summer ballet school.  "And she was all...and he was all...and I was all...".  

I'm glad slang changes over time.  Aren't you?  What slang words do you remember saying growing up?

On a side note...my totes adorb baby has ROSEOLA!!  A rash all over her body from head to toe.  That's totes uncool.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...