Monday, March 24, 2014

minja

A peek at FIVE.  Life is happy.  
If we could all be five...

We took a road trip to celebrate Diego's fifth birthday.  And while I sort through the photos, I'll quickly share about a little 'minja' project we did.  Minja is obviously ninja in five-speek.

We made our own felt softie the other day in less than an hour.  I made a paper template and quick cut out the felt pieces.  I had Diego choose two button eyes from our button stash while I did that.  It's always fun to play in a pile of buttons.
(Not sure why he looks so lint-covered here, my new lens is real good at picking up unwanted details sometimes.)

Diego was eager to help, too.  Still cautious with the needle after the finger-prick incident when we were threading pompoms for a simple garland...ouch that hurts!  But we had fun guessing where the needle would come up as we sewed on the buttons.  The simple stitch around the face was very doable for him, the blanket stitch around the edge of the ninja was a little harder.  I did most of that as he hovered nearby.

I didn't expect him to be so in to the sewing.  But the other day, he saw me crocheting (a new thing Isabela and I learned to do from a free class at the library) and wished he could do it, too.  I thought that was an interesting wish for a five year old boy.  I broke it down for him, but half-way through, flipping and faking kicking his new ninja was way more interesting.


Have you sewed anything lately?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...