Thursday, March 7, 2013

soccer season starts


We've got another soccer player in the family.  And he was ecstatic when daddy brought home his new uniform.

IMG_7623

Well, he's really not new to soccer.  I'm sure it's in his blood, plus he's been playing with his brother and dad since...I guess when he could walk.

And he's REAL good.

IMG_7733

Not a flower picker.  Although that's what JP called this warm-up exercise.  JP is coaching both Diego and Joaquin this year!  I think it's a little much, but no one asks me.  Besides, Diego is on the U5 (under 5) team, and it's quite like herding cats.  JP got his first taste on Tuesday.

IMG_7713

Diego is still only three, but he knows what's going on.  He tries hard and knows he's training.

IMG_7721

He's got the moves down, too.

IMG_7728

This might just be a proud mama talking, but he could dribble, pass, and score....while most of the other kids were in la-la land, flopping on the ground and other antics.  I had one of those kids, too, so I know what that's like.

IMG_7720

His first game's on Saturday...depending on the wet fields and weather.  Can't wait to watch him!

IMG_7723

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...