The monster jam show was in Richmond this weekend, and although I looked at every angle of how we could take the boys to see it....it just wasn't going to happen.
BUT, in my searching, I stumbled upon the fact that Grave Digger would be parked at an Advance Auto Parts store right near us. So I did the next best thing...drove around till we found it.
You wouldn't think there would be that many auto parts stores around here! Of course, I've probably only been in one a total of one times. But I didn't give up! Okay, I almost did, but at the last one I drove by, there was the green monster sitting with a small crowd of people gathered around.
Joaquin was hesitant to get out because we were coming from TaeKwonDo and he still had his uniform on. Plus, after class he said, "I don't want to see the monster truck." My reply was, "Well, Diego does. And some stuff we do for you, some for Diego, and some for Isabela." I told him to just wait in the car when we got there...but wouldn't you know, he was the first one scrambling up the tire to get a closer look!
Those are two happy boys.
And one unhappy girl. Really, Isabela? I warned her it would be on the blog.
Diego wanted no help down off that huge tire, then thought better of it at the last minute, "OK, Mom, hold my hand."
Both boys wondered how the driver got in there. I have no idea. Any takers? I imagine they climb up like the boys did and dive through the window...I don't think those doors really open.
Joaquin actually did a pull-up on it.
We never made it to the show, but I think this was just as exciting for them.
One last flicker of the pirate flag and we hit the road. It doesn't take much to make boys happy.
2 comments:
cool! wish we would have known!
Stacey, I figured you were the first to know about these things! :)
Post a Comment