Sunday, for daylight savings, Krispy Kreme on Broad Street was giving away one free donut...to anyone.
I thought it would be a fun place to take the kids....they'd never been, and I remembered that you could see how the donuts are made as they make their way down the assembly line.
The kids were fascinated. And while the ones with all the colorful toppings were staring us in the face, I stuck to my guns and ordered just one glazed donut for each of us. The guy behind the counter looked surprised at my small order, while I was surprised people were actually buying dozens of donuts when they were giving them away for free!
Plus they had these cute hats for the kids! And they actually wore them.
(yes, we've got the carseat all ready to go!)
The first bite! Wow! Those were delicious donuts. We all agreed... the. best. ever.
Diego had some very important question here. I think it was about the one donut that was stuck on the conveyor belt getting burned up. But, why?
All gone! Sorry we couldn't save you a bite.
JP missed out on it, too, but I told him when we got home, "Yeah, a dozen of those would be gone in five minutes around here."
I'm glad the store's on the other side of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment