I mean we really have a new peep.
The kids have been taking turns staying home sick from school. For me, that means extra time stuck in the house, as well, since all errands are called off. So I pulled the sewing machine back out, and this was the first project on the priority list, with Easter right around the corner.
I'll just add, this is not a beginner sewing project. Lots of pins, tight curves and lip biting as I sewed along. So JP said, "Does this mean you're not a beginner anymore?" I should say not. The pattern is here if you'd like to try.
And with the baby coming so close to Easter, don't be surprised if this little peep makes an appearance with the baby at the hospital.
I thought I'd share about the crib mobile, too. The hearts were cut out from a suede fabric sample book I picked up in a yard sale long ago and simply sewed together right down the middle. You can even see some of the paper I peeled off from the book still stuck on some of the hearts. No need to be perfect, right? They are tied to an embroidery hoop and require a delicate balance, which I didn't think of before. I caught the cat batting at it one evening, and it was all off-kilter in the morning.
I couldn't have planned the colors any better. I think Joaquin actually chose the order several years ago when I sewed them for a valentine's decoration...and we all know he has an amazing talent for color. (He's color blind.)
And one more little touch I added yesterday...a framed watercolor by Diego. Joaquin used to make these same kind of paintings when he was little and I always loved them... a page full of random colors...I've saved many of them.
And now that the sewing machine is back out, I guess I'll need to finish up that last crib sheet and changing pad cover. Unless there's a yellow stuffed peep calling out to be made.
No comments:
Post a Comment