
For Isabela's birthday, we went to see the Earth movie. Can you believe we all went?!! Diego slept through the whole thing, and the kids are big enough to be happy with some popcorn and a drink to last the movie. We all liked it. It's full of amazing images from all over the planet...and the best part...no mating scenes!! or blood and guts. Although the prey gets caught several times, it leaves the rest to your imagination. I always have a hard time with those chase scenes. I feel bad if they get caught, and I feel bad if they don't catch them and then have to starve to death. I just wanted to movie makers to save all the animals.
Joaquin talked throughout the whole movie!!! "Look at that waterfall! What's that? Is that a polar bear? What's that? Is that a cheetah? What's that?".....and on and on. And if you know Joaquin, he's still working on developing his whisper voice. We were in the front row, so hopefully we didn't disturb too many people.
There's one scene where they talk about these cranes that fly over the Himalayas...the hot air pushes them up, but cold blasts them around so that it's very dangerous for them to cross. My question to Juan Pablo was, " Why don't they just go around the mountain?" it seemed obvious to me....and probably to the bird dangling at the end of the flying V formation...he could see around it to a clear path. I said I'd want to talk to the lead bird in charge. Pull a Donald Trump, "You're fired!" on him. Juan Pablo and I were cracking up. But, it really is an amazing movie, and I'd recommend it.
1 comment:
that sounds cool, i wonder if i could get my hubby to go see that. we saw our first movie at the theaters in a long time one april's vacation, it was great to share popcorn and a drink. thanks for the review.
Post a Comment