It started with her and Joaquin waiting outside for almost one hour before the party was to start....they had the megaphones to direct traffic for parking. This was our first big party at the new house, and we weren't sure how the parking would go. She actually had to be coaxed in once people started to arrive...she does like to direct people!
And we have crossed a milestone in the birthday party realm....drop-offs! This is the first party I've had where children were dropped off by their parents to stay by themselves! They were all well-behaved. But I guess that means we're getting close to the next step....the sleepover!! Noooo!
Can they get any cuter?
Two older cheerleaders taught the girls the cutest cheers! We're dynamite! We're out of sight! We're tic tic tic tic Boom! Dynamite! Boom Dynamite!
The boys were a little more wild...I put Juan Pablo in charge of training camp for them. He had some great ideas, but came to me later saying, "Help. They won't listen." So he ended up just having them run around the outside of the house. It did clear up nicely so the kids were able to play on the treehouse and the swings to burn some energy.
I wanted to get the parents involved a little so the kids could cheer us on, but I really hadn't thought that out ahead of time. We did a silly little relay which was fun.
The cake was supposed to be a megaphone...I heard someone say, "What is it?" They never do come out like the pictures. I barely had enough, too. I don't think any parents got any. Usually you have so much left over. You just can't win.
So, now our firstborn angel is six. I can't believe it. I'm trying to cherish each day with her just as she is. Not wishing for the past or hoping for the future.
We love you, Isabela! May all your wishes come true!
3 comments:
Great pics and story Susan. I love how you have changed the site around, very very nice. Happy birthday to izzy and please give your dad a hug from me and my prayers are for him.
My girls had a BLAST!! I'm still hearing the rocket & cheerio cheer :0)!
happy birthday isabela! wow 6! yes we're praying for your poppa. i love you all.
Post a Comment