Poor little Diego spent the day in the ER yesterday. I had taken him to the pediatrician in the morning because he had had a fever in the night and had been crying a lot, not his normal happy self. She found out that he had an ear infection, but she was also worried about his white blood cell count so she told us we needed to go to the hospital right away....as a precaution to be sure it wasn't something more serious. Isabela and I started crying...I think she must have remembered when she was there not too long ago.
So they stuck him with needles and held him down for an IV, and even did a catheter for a urine sample!! He was very brave, and the nurses commented on how strong his arms were for just 7 weeks of age. But, after 5 long hours, we were finally able to go home.....diagnosis: an ear infection!
No comments:
Post a Comment