Saturday, May 30, 2009

dad update

My dad has been home now for a couple of days. He is going everyday back to the hospital for radiation and will start chemo next week, as well. I got to see him today and was surprised at how much better he looked (relatively speaking, of course.) Maybe it was that he wasn't hooked up to any machines. But he was able to turn on his side now, and he could talk a little better, although it is still pretty hard for him. He tires very easily, but that is to be expected.
I was encouraged at something Betty said today. She said my grandmother, Sarah, had survived breast cancer many, many years ago... (which I actually never knew until a year or two ago!)....before all the new treatments they have today and lived to be 90 something...so she thinks my dad will be able to survive this, as well. It's in the strong genes! I hope and pray that is true!
Please continue to pray for him as he starts chemo... that he will not have any strong side effects from it and for a continued increase in strength along with perseverance and faith. Thank you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...