We've finally found a theme for Joaquin's room...X Games! Which will be going on starting July 31st FYI. Pottery Barn has these really cool removable wall stickers for your room, but they cost $69! And a friend suggested I just paint it on. So yesterday I did it! And I think it turned out pretty good! Although, the $69 might be worth it just for the "removable" part! I used painter's tape and looked at the picture in the PB catalog and just left the open space in the form of the skater. I spray painted it on....kind of a mistake for the terrible fumes that stuff lets off...but it actually dries really fast, and the tape peels off great from spray paint...none of that peeling off of the paint right along with it. That shine is from the flash, but it really did get an even coat of a paint. Next project, a BMX guy!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
skater dude!
We've finally found a theme for Joaquin's room...X Games! Which will be going on starting July 31st FYI. Pottery Barn has these really cool removable wall stickers for your room, but they cost $69! And a friend suggested I just paint it on. So yesterday I did it! And I think it turned out pretty good! Although, the $69 might be worth it just for the "removable" part! I used painter's tape and looked at the picture in the PB catalog and just left the open space in the form of the skater. I spray painted it on....kind of a mistake for the terrible fumes that stuff lets off...but it actually dries really fast, and the tape peels off great from spray paint...none of that peeling off of the paint right along with it. That shine is from the flash, but it really did get an even coat of a paint. Next project, a BMX guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
you are the quintessential (spelling?) design guru, that shall be your job when the kids are in school...love the skater dude
i love it too! you're amazing -- well done. what a cool room joaquin will have! and you can always paint over it so removable shmoovable.
That is so amzing- are you for hire? Good job!!
Wow!!! You are so talented! I'm so jealous! I would have had to pay the $69. Well, I would have paid the $$ or there would just still be a blank wall there. Ha ha!
Post a Comment