Today I took the kids to Belmont in Fredericksburg...for those who might not know, it was the home of a famous artist, Gari Melchers, and my grandfather was the director of the home/museum a long time ago. They actually lived in the home back then, but now it is a museum, with the rooms roped off just for viewing from the doorway! I included some pictures I found...the one is my uncle Stewart holding me, in front of the same building Isabela and Joaquin are in front of...and the other, I do believe, is me (well, I know it is me) but I think those are the little chairs we saw at Belmont today that are now roped off!! (Sorry it's crooked!) You aren't allowed to take pictures inside of the house now. The place gives a nice children's tour and there is also a letterbox to find from clues...that was the first letterbox we've ever found!
Friday, July 11, 2008
belmont
Today I took the kids to Belmont in Fredericksburg...for those who might not know, it was the home of a famous artist, Gari Melchers, and my grandfather was the director of the home/museum a long time ago. They actually lived in the home back then, but now it is a museum, with the rooms roped off just for viewing from the doorway! I included some pictures I found...the one is my uncle Stewart holding me, in front of the same building Isabela and Joaquin are in front of...and the other, I do believe, is me (well, I know it is me) but I think those are the little chairs we saw at Belmont today that are now roped off!! (Sorry it's crooked!) You aren't allowed to take pictures inside of the house now. The place gives a nice children's tour and there is also a letterbox to find from clues...that was the first letterbox we've ever found!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cool pictures of the present and past. it's amazing how much brighter the present is. hahaha. i bet isabela was happy to see YOU with bangs!
That is so neat! Isn't it so fun to do things with your kids that you yourself did as a child?
Kinda makes you feel old too- hehe
Post a Comment