This is the season where my expectations of life are often unmet with what reality brings.
A happy family decorating the tree while singing Christmas carols, often turns into a room full of boxes and tissue with a tree jammed with ornaments on one side that I missed seeing get hung because I was changing the baby.
Here are some wise words on the subject:
Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise. Alice Walker
Do what you can with what you have where you are. Theodore Roosevelt
I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. Bruce Lee
Life is so constructed that an event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation. Charlotte Bronte
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
Alexander Pope
A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect. Jonathan Huie
Wishing you (and me!) many happy surprises this season.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving Susan and Family. I will be at Nick and Ashleigh's turkey day and rick will be going to his daughter's. Having to split up is not fun, but it will be Nick and Ashleigh's first gathering. Hope you have a beautiful day.
I remember cooking my first Thanksgiving in Bolivia. It was full of surprises! I hope you all have lots of fun, Maggie!
Carmen is getting so big!
Thanks for these quotes. I needed quite a few of them.
Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season brings you and your family plenty of health, happiness and blessings xoxo
Beautiful inside out loveu
Post a Comment