I remember long ago...years ago...trolling the aisles of Target in the early morning with a toddler in the cart, passing time until I could start my to do list of bank and library errands. The shelves of that store are displays of order and beauty that moms of young kids long for.
But many kids later, and not enough money... and now, Target is just me asking for trouble. I can't even remember the last time I was in there.
In my old age, I've discovered something even better that restores order and beauty...the fall nature walk.
Glistening yellow trees....
...crunching leaves beneath tiny footsteps...
...lazy cats napping on our patio furniture...
...happy giggles that are free to roam and touch and throw and squeal...
...treasures that fill hands to overflowing...
...new sights that thrill and bring wonder....
...vivid blue skies .... (Carmen was pointing at those circling vultures above)...
....smells of pine, cedar sticks, and lots of oak leaves that have been burnt into overflowing piles of ashes...
...animal friends that follow us around....
....and even let us boss them around!
Go outside! Forget your daily to do's and worries. Breathe deep, collect acorns, and enjoy beautiful fall.






1 comment:
Carmen is mini suz. We like crunching leaves too, that the wind swirls into a pond like shape around the corner in empty lot
Post a Comment