Do we still remember this wintery weather from several days ago?
Why, yes, we do...but it makes us all the more grateful for today's 70 degrees.
Goodbye, snow shovel....
....hello, sunshine (and big green leaves).
Maymont was the only place for us after being cooped up for so long.
You'll notice one little face is absent in these pictures. Poor, Joaquin. He threw a huge tantrum in the car on the way there, and there was only one option...he had to stay home with Dad and clean while the rest of us enjoyed the park.
I wasn't sure I'd be able to enjoy the day at all, knowing one of us was so upset, but all it took was a little fresh air and the beautiful scenery and all was forgotten.
I let Carmen explore from her snug ride in the carrier. She loved the bark on the trees and leaves rustling in the wind.
The kids climbed pines, birches, and magnolias.
The koi pond was still a little frozen over.
There was lots of stick-poking going on. I had to stop Diego after repeated attempts to jab his stick under those giant rocks. I just knew he was going to uproot some hibernating snake.
Give that baby some love, would you?
Have you ever seen a pinecone that looked like a flower? These were amazing!
Someone was worn out. That's a juice box in her hand. Isabela gave her a few sips from her straw, but the bags are what's really fun.
Come on spring! We're here for you.


No comments:
Post a Comment