Wednesday, September 25, 2013

goooaaaal

Soccer Saturdays are back.  Oh, plus there are practices for three kids that take up four nights out of the week.  I don't go to the practices if I can help it...and I don't feel guilty one little bit.  Plus I can't be at three different games in one day, so I don't see all those either.  It just makes it all the more special when I can be there.

Diego is in a league of his own.  He was born with the running gene and can go forever.

IMG_1373

He scores at least ten times each game and sometimes dribbles the ball all the way down to his own goal before turning around and going back to score.  I'm sure the other parents aren't too thrilled about it, but I love to watch him.

IMG_1346

This is a look I get often...although here she's just walking back from checking on the Papa John's snack booth.  We tried a new style with her hair that involved twisting it around into a ponytail...we both loved it and she got several compliments.  Maybe she'll let me do it more often?

IMG_1351

Carmen played with Joaquin a bit on the sidelines.  If there's action going on around her, this baby does. not. sleep.

IMG_1365

Isabela loves being part of a team.

IMG_1377

The running and kicking part of the sport she could do without, but she loves a team.

IMG_1382

This photo from the other week turned out prophetic.  She scored the first goal of the game last weekend!  I asked her how she did it.  She said, "The goalie and another girl were fighting over the ball, so I thought I better stand a little close to the goal in case it comes my way."  And sure enough, the ball slipped out over to Isabela and she kicked it right at the goal.  The goalie ran over to block it with her knees knocked together and the ball went right between her feet.

Well, that deserves an 'atta girl!  And just like that... her confidence in her abilities and herself is back.  Yay, for soccer!

IMG_1380

2 comments:

Aunt Maggie said...

Good for Izzy.......i cant wait to give her a big hug...........and everyone else too.

medina family said...

You too, Maggie! It's been so long. And I don't think you've met Carmen yet? Looking forward to your visit!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...