Monday, October 8, 2012

pumpkins!


The annual pumpkin patch trip came early for us this year.  You can't beat free tickets at the end of September.  (yeah, I'm a little late posting about it.)

diego running

The corn maze was first.  Always a lot of fun, but about mid-way through, my throat was parched, and I felt like I was in the middle of the desert with no way out.  I'm glad they give you a piece of candy when you finally make it out of there.

diego in corn maze

Diego kept grabbing the leaves as he walked by.  I told him they were going to cut his finger, and sure enough, two seconds later he's crying.  Of course, I had to improvise on the band-aid....I found an old straw wrapper in the bottom of my purse.  As soon as I tied it on, the tears stopped.  Amazing.

straw bandaid

Juan Pablo and Joaquin worked their nerves up to go in the haunted house...after about 30 doubtful minutes.

haunted house

Joaquin was very pleased with himself.

joaquin haunted house

Jumping off hay bales looks like fun...but is there anyone who ISN't allergic to hay?

joaquin on hay

Headed over to the pumpkin patch.

tractor ride

I'm not sure what his mission was...I think he just hopped over all the dirt mounds. I was on the search for the unusual pumpkins...gray, flat, bumpy.  I ended up choosing one from the side of the road.  I'm pretty sure it didn't come from someone else's pile.

diego in patch

The best I could do of the three of them.

three on hay ride

Diego went through the kids' haunted house perched safely on daddy's shoulders.  As he says, "Dad, can you pick me up shoulders?"
Spidey helped keep him brave.

underroos

Picmonkey has some fun halloween add-ons for your pictures right now.  I tried the Day of the Dead one, but Isabela looked pretty spooky, so I went with this.

isabela design

The huge tub of corn was our last stop.  I'm still finding pieces around the house two weeks later.
corn tub

Yay! to pumpkin patch memories.

family pumpkin patch


1 comment:

Aunt Maggie said...

glad you posted, the family pic is fantastic............Diego is growing so fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...