Tuesday, October 16, 2012

halloween crafts

There's so many Halloween and fall crafts out there, who knows where to start?!!
Here's what we've been working on lately.

Jack-o-lantern paper plate:
Diego painted the orange and glued the face on, and I think he even cut part of the leaf hands out.  He often gets tired of a craft three minutes after we start.  Boys.
pumpkin craft

Bat Stencil:
Here we used a bat stencil I cut out of a cereal box (see box left on counter) and sponge painted it on black paper.  This didn't turn out as cute as I thought, but he had fun seeing the bat image after we peeled it off.  Again, this lasted about three minutes.

IMG_5508

Owl collage:
Somehow, I ended up doing most of this one.  He did like gluing the pieces on, but I did most of the tearing and cutting.  Definitely a joint effort.

IMG_5529

And my favorite...handprint spiders.  He loved making the spiders, but we had to let it dry and he didn't want to come back to do the sparkly webs so I had to add those on myself.  I still think they're so cute.

IMG_5542

Halloween Calendar:
Diego loves, loves adding each day onto the calendar.  These numbers are from Counting Coconuts and she has lots of printable theme calendar numbers.  The felt pumpkin sounds like a good idea, but Diego's not really into it.  Isabela and I have changed it a couple of times though :)

IMG_5532

Haunted houses:
And I even tried to get the big kids involved.  I told them to use some shoe boxes and turn them into haunted houses however they wanted.  Sounds fun, right?  Joaquin ended up throwing a HUGE fit out of frustration so I said, "Fine, Joaquin, just don't do it."  Then he disappeared for about ten minutes and came back with this.  I thought it was pretty cool.


IMG_5530


Isabela, as is custom, still hasn't finished hers.  I'm not sure how long we'll have black scrap paper laying all over the house.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

What an awesome mom you are to do so many fun things with your kids! They're so lucky to have you. Although I plan lots of crafts for school, I don't do much here at home. Thanks for inspiring me to do one this weekend :0)!

Stacey said...

cute ideas you have! wish i had the time to do them all with Alli. Can I send her to you? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...