Fall is officially my favorite season. I actually pulled out all my fall decorations a couple of weeks ago...I just couldn't wait.
And the cooler temperatures...this is what front yards and front porches are made for.
The last big rain we had? We got caught out in it. Torrential down pour and we crossed the parking lot in the middle of it...water was up to my ankles. When we got home, it had stopped and since we were already wet, I said 'why not?'
Diego's always been a puddle jumper anyway.
I started him early... and I guess he never forgot.
His shoes, however, still haven't recovered. I need to remember to take those off next time.
I count it all as learning for him, since we slack so often in the preschool department.
But then! I looked across the yard and thought, "What could that be?" A turtle? A giant toad? Someone's brain?
Definitely the biggest mushroom I've ever seen in MY life. Our yard is great for growing anything but grass. Mushrooms, moss and weeds are its favorite things.
We finished up that day with another fall favorite...caramel apples. The easy-to-make package of caramel sheets they strategically place by the apples in the grocery store called to me.
Diego listened to his sweet tooth and just ate the caramel part.
Fall also brings with it tons of outdoor fairs that I surely would avoid at any other time. Fairs that are usually too crowded and make me spend unnecessary money. But this one was five dollars...and that tip-a-troll...totally worth it.
And sno-cones, of course. My one wish for Christmas has always been a real sno-cone machine. But they're like $400, so it never quite materializes. And then I wonder, if I had my own, would it taste as good?
Um....yeah, I'm pretty sure it would.
No comments:
Post a Comment