Tuesday, January 17, 2012

recycled card box

This is a great, easy craft to recycle cards....birthday, Christmas, greeting, get well....any type of card. We discovered this over Christmas here and I thought about all those advent calendars with cute little boxes to open each day. Using your Christmas cards you received, you would have all sorts of sturdy, seasonal boxes to use. (That's if you still get Christmas cards...we only got four this year!)

Here's how to do it...you should know, it's addictive.

First, separate the two halves of your card along the fold line.
IMG_0223

Use a pencil to draw two diagonal lines, corner to corner. This will give you the middle point of the card.
IMG_0224

Fold in two sides so that they meet in the middle at the point.
IMG_0225

Do the same for the long edges, too, so they meet in the middle.
IMG_0226


Take some scissors and cut four slit along the folds, like the picture, to make the tabs.
IMG_0227

With a little help, the box comes together almost by itself. Fold the sides up, the tabs go in and the outside tab folds up and over. I use a little tape to make it stick.
IMG_0228

Follow those steps for both halves of your card....and here's the finished box. I wasn't very careful when I folded, so the edge is sticking out a little. But it's still a cute little box to leave a small treasure in...or maybe for the tooth fairy?
IMG_0232

1 comment:

Darlene said...

That's so cute...is that my name I see? hahaha :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...