Thursday, October 27, 2011

tuckahoe plantation

Last weekend, we visited Tuckahoe Plantation for a picnic with the Farm Table. Known as "Thomas Jefferson's boyhood home", I thought a little education might be slipped in, as well.
Not much learning happened, but we did breathe deeply, taking in presidential air.

TJ's view growing up. Very pretty.
IMG_7233

Can't you picture Thomas Jefferson doing this same thing when he was little?
IMG_7218

This precious girl just keeps growing up.
IMG_7229


A friendly little cat..she let all the children pet her. Diego still loves the kitties.
IMG_7250

Me and my new favorite boots. I bet you'll be seeing those a lot, come colder weather. I can't wait much more.
IMG_7268

Oh, the story behind this picture. While Juan Pablo and I debated about whether or not someone lived in this home, Joaquin headed up the steps to go in. We tried to stop him. But yes, it was the gardener yelling across the yard, "That's someone's home!" that actually sunk in and made him turn around. (I was wrong by the way. I mean, why would someone actually live in Thomas Jefferson's boyhood home? Shouldn't it be a museum or something?)
IMG_7255

I hesitated to post this picture of me. Have you ever looked at a picture of yourself and not even recognized you? This is not what I look like, but somehow it is still me.
IMG_7348

An action shot. Juan Pablo took most of the pictures in this post. He was quite proud of this one. I thought it was blurry, but he said, "That's the whole point!" He's got an eye for these things, you know. :)
IMG_7284

A friendly scavenger hunt for the kids....but....those intense looks tell me they are only 'in it to win it'. I guess Juan Pablo and I are somewhat competitive, and I fear it has rubbed off.
IMG_7320

And here's Isabela with the prize! So happy!
IMG_7375

Me and the kids...glazed over...I guess it's time to hit the road.
IMG_7369

It seems fitting to end with some quotes by Jefferson. Enjoy!


A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.
Thomas Jefferson

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson

Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Thomas Jefferson

If God is just, I tremble for my country.
Thomas Jefferson

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Thomas Jefferson

There is not a sprig of grass that shoots uninteresting to me.
Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...