Thursday, October 20, 2011

anatomy of a school project

All by herself.
Isabela finished her latest school project all by herself.

(I've been known to help a little too much in the past.)

So what does that really mean?
Here's a quick recap:
She laid out her map, every last detail. I debated some of them, but she backed them up with excellent explanations. I suggested chalk pastels instead of marker or crayons, and she agreed. (I sprayed the hairspray to keep the chalk from smearing, and so she wouldn't get it in her eyes.) She decided the symbols for her legend. I tried to change some of them. She stood strong. I helped her spell all the words right.

So did she hole up in her room and complete it without me seeing it? No. And it might have been completely different if she had. But did I draw an example and risk her copying it? No. I gave a little help when needed, but this one is all hers... and it's beautiful.
IMG_7045

Now, she WAS up until 10pm finishing her other homework. Time management we'll save for another day.
IMG_7046

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...