One of the greatest inventions of this decade has got to be the flashmob. Getting hundreds of people to do the same steps in wide open public places is SO COOL! But the hardest part is keeping it a secret.
Saturday, I was in one!
It was at the Science Museum of Virginia during their huge Cultsha Expo. My plan was not to tell the kids or JP at all and just start dancing when the time came....but I knew by Saturday morning I'd have to tell Juan Pablo in order for it to work...otherwise I'd somehow be stuck carrying all the bags and Diego and miss my big chance. But the kids still didn't know.
We were all given the same t-shirt to wear...they told us to hide it with another t-shirt, or something to take off right before we went out. I put mine on in the morning and the kids immediately started asking questions. Who gave you that shirt, Mom? Joaquin said, "It doesn't match your jeans, Mom, put on another one!" (How can a black t-shirt not match jeans?)
So here's a video of it taken by someone (goodluck trying to find me):
And this one, you can see me for a bit...then I bump into someone as we're moving off to the next part.
The kids' faces were not what I expected...they looked more confused than anything. Like, "Why is mama over there dancing with those people?"
But it was SUPER fun...there were all types of people in it, too. If you ever get the chance, definitely try it!
3 comments:
That is so cool!!! I couldn't find you though...haha!
that is too cool! you were doing such a great job! i think you might be my coolest cousin at the moment!
Thanks, Darlene! Except for that one video, I'm in some kind of blind spot...lots of people recording it, but I'm barely there!
Hi KATE!!! I almost called you to tell you, but I need your # again...we could have done it together! Thanks for the cool cousin award...I don't get that often.
Post a Comment