Monday, June 27, 2011

clean up, clean up

Tonight, I found myself cleaning up the dinner meal mess by myself, AGAIN.

The kids were ransacking the house. Juan Pablo was at work. And I wondered how come I was the only one cleaning up. My good intention of creating, or heck, even copying, a workable chore chart just hasn't materialized.

Well, I was going to put my foot down, whether they liked it or not.

As I was rinsing off dishes, I yelled for the two oldest to come into the kitchen...they ran in, maybe expecting a treat or something.

I calmly said, "I need you two to help me clean up the dishes," fully expecting a barrage of protests on why they couldn't and shouldn't have to help.

Instead, they immediately started handing me dishes and putting them in the dishwasher! What?? I was shocked and awed. Maybe this was their plan.

But quickly the dishes were almost done, and I wondered how much more I could get away with. I offered the spray bottle to Joaquin to wipe down the table. Isabela immediately countered with, "But I want to do that!" What?? Were they actually fighting over cleaning up?

So I responded with, "Well, I have another bottle in the bathroom. You can wipe down the sink in there." And off she went.

Now you will absolutely not believe what happened next.

Joaquin runs to me asking if it's alright to clean the toilet! And Isabela is right behind him with, "But I wanted to clean the toilet!" Well, OK. We have two toilets. Go right ahead and clean them.

And I have to add, the fun didn't stop there. The night ended with a very clean shower as well, thanks to these two.

Now I'm not sure what was in the dinner tonight, but we are definitely having this meal again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...